September 20, 2009

Of course we will be safe...Oh look-a bombshell!



Yesterday Erin's friends Nastia and Dasha took us to a new aerospace museum. However by aerospace we mean old plane graveyard, and by museum we mean tarmac on a field in the middle of nowhere. Literally. We had to walk for about 30 minutes past the bus stop and through an old military base to get there. As usual it was rather sketchy but super fun.


The government has set up about ten old planes ranging from smaller one-pilot fighter planes to huge cargo planes. We had fun climbing, exploring, and pushing propellors. *Side note-in Ukraine it is customary for newly weds to drive to various landmarks with friends to take pictures after the ceremony. So I don't know why we were surprised when three cars pulled up, and began to take pictures and pop champagne bottles. I would have taken some up close wedding photos (to add to my portfolio ;), but I thought that was a little rude and too "sight seeing American" to pull off.


I had a great time with Nastia and Dasha, they are hilarious. This is Dasha, who is quite the photobug. Apparently in Ukraine taking pictures of yourself and friends is a national pastime, so I pretty much feel at home :)



1 comment:

  1. Love this one a lot! I'm especially a fan of the description of the "museum." Very nice.

    ReplyDelete