September 23, 2009

If anything was ever a sporcle, that would be it.

Erin and I were invited to tea this morning at Victoria's house. She made us tea, then fed us fruit and jam. Just jam. Apparently you don't put it on bread here, all you need is a spoon. So that was a suprise.

Victoria has a summer home and brought us watermelon and grapes along with a new fruit which we could not identify. Victoria said it is called an indian pomegranate, but I have yet to find it on any website. Therefore Erin and I decided to call it a sporcle-it is quite interesting. It does seem to be distantly related to a pomegranate. It has a thick, ridged outer skin and you consume the red fruity pods inside. I will let you know if we end up being brave enough to eat it, for now we are observing. Apparently it needs to ripen but I can't decide if it looks less appetizing while green or yellow.


No comments:

Post a Comment