October 9, 2009

Where were we…

It feels like weeks since the train escapade. Since then I have had several more "adventures" with the public transportation system. It really is not my fault. I can provide evidence if asked, however now is not the time. This best thing to talk about is Nice.

Actually, I should mention Riga, which was beautiful. They have the most amazing architecture in the old city. And I got to see it all because I got lost. I know…I know…that one was a little my fault. However, after I got out of Riga I flew to Nice.

The airport is on a peninsula, so if you land to early or can’t stop you end up in the water. That was fun to watch. We also flew over the Swiss Alps. Most of the time there were clouds in the way however I managed to snap a couple good shots towards the bottom of the line in Nice.

After more bus issues I made it to my hostel and it was a little rainy. So I went to the beach briefly and walked around, I spent most of my day recovering. However today was glorious! It was sunny all day. I went down to the beach, which is pebbly. While the rocks are harder to lay on, they aren’t too bad because they are all smooth from the beating waves. It also means there is no sand to get in your suit and your…well you understand.

I spent the afternoon relaxing on the shore and diving in the beautiful blue depths of the sea. It was magnificent. I then walked along the promenade and little shops and bought some scarves. All my transportation woes were washed away…

PS-Please keep Erin in your prayers as she goes to renew her visa in Budapest.

Two brief glimpses of Riga.


The Alps..no photo editing...aren't they gorgeous?

Nice as we circle around to land.

Downtown they have flags and lights strung everywhere. Street musicians are also rampant.

The French also like people watching, it is the national pastime to sit, eat outside, and watch the many passerbys.

Of course, many beautiful fountains.

Ahh, home away from home.


1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the pictures of Riga! I know it was just an experience...but I like the pictures, nonetheless.

    ReplyDelete